Butter Pecan Banana Cake
- 1 (18 ounce) packageduncan hines butter recipe cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, (about 3 medium)
- 34 cup vegetable oil
- 12 cup sugar, granulated
- 14 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 14 cup butter, or 14 cup margarine
- 1 container (16 ounce) vanilla frosting
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
For cake, combine cake mix, eggs, bananas,oil, sugar, milk and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl.
Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened.
Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
For frosting, place 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans and butter in skillet.
Cook on medium heat, stirring until pecans are toasted.
Combine nut mixture and frosting in small bowl.
Cool until spreading consistency.