Crock Pot Mediterranean Chicken and Sausage
- 1 12 lbs skinless chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 jars (26 ounce) spaghetti sauce, (with sliced olives)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 12 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced,
- 12 lb button mushroom, whole
- 12 lb baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 jar (6 1/2 ounce) marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, drained and
DirectionsIn a nonstick skillet brown Italian sausage well.
Remove from skillet; cut into quarters and place in crock pot.
Brown chicken thighs in sausage drippings.
Cut chicken quarters and place in crock pot.
Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
Cook 8 hours on low.
Serve over pasta (I prefer penne) with freshly grated cheese.