Creole Chicken and Okra Recipe
- 4 chicken leg quarters, cut into 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, coarsely-chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, coarsely-chopped
- 12 cup celery, sliced,
- 1 garlic clove, minced,
- 23 lb okra, sliced,
- 2 cups tomatoes, coarsely-chopped
- 14 cup parsley, chopped, fresh,
- 12 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 12 cup chicken broth, warm
- 14 cup white wine
- 14 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
DirectionsRemove and discard chicken skin.
In nonstick Dutch oven, place oil and heat over medium temperature.
Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
Remove chicken to warm bowl.
To Dutch oven, add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; stir and cook about 5 minutes.
Add okra and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes more.
Stir in tomatoes, parsley, paprika, bay leaf and salt.
Return chicken to Dutch oven and spoon vegetable mixture over top.
In small bowl, mix together chicken broth, wine and hot pepper sauce; pour over all.
Cover, reduce heat to low and cook about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Serve with rice, if desired.