Green Pea Carrot Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- 1 c. or possibly frzn green peas, fresh
- 1 med. size carrot, minced, peeled &
- 1/2 sm. stalk celery
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, cut in sm. cubes (about 1/4 c.)
- 2 tbsp plus 1 teaspoon buttermilk
- 2 green onions, finely minced,
- 1 tbsp plain low fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic, or possibly red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
DirectionsIn small pan, bring 1 inch of water to boil; add in peas and carrots and cook 5 min.
Drain; rinse under cool water; drain.
Place in medium bowl; add in celery and cheese; toss well to mix.
In small bowl, combine buttermilk, green onions, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, basil, pepper and sugar.
Spoon over salad and toss well.
Cover and chill.