Roasted Red Pepper Rice Salad
- 1 34 teaspoons salt
- 2 12 cups mixed rice, (such as brown, red, and wild rice)
- 13 cup flat leaf parsley, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 scallions, sliced, thinly
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 teaspoon pepper, ground, fresh
- 13 cup extra virgin olive oil
DirectionsBring 5 1/2 cups water in medium saucepot to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt.
Stir in rice and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
Toss in parsley, roasted peppers, and scallions, for salad.
Whisk together vinegar, sugar, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper in another bowl.
Whisk in oil in a slow stream until thickened and emulsified, for vinaigrette.
Add to salad and toss to coat.
Serve at room temperature.
(can be made ahead.
Cover and chill up to 2 days).