Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 16 ounces skinless chicken breasts, boneless, cut into even bit sized pieces
- 12 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil flavored cooking spray, (I used my Misto)
Preheat oven to 425. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet.
Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 - 10 minutes.
Turn over then cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked though.
Servings: 4 Serving Size: 1/4th of nuggets Points +: 4 pts Smart Points: 4. Calories: 188 Fat: 4.5 g Sat Fat: 1 g Protein: 26 g Carb: 8 g Fiber: 0 g.
Sugar: 0.5 g Sodium: 427 mg Chol: 57.