Mediterranean Fish Soup
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) tomatoes, diced, drained
- 2 cans (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 pound cod fillets, cubed
DirectionsPlace onion, green bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, orange juice, wine, bay leaves, dried basil, fennel seeds, and pepper into a slow cooker.
Cover, and cook on low 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until vegetables are crisp tender.
Stir in shrimp and cod.
Cook 15 to 30 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque.
Remove and discard bay leaves.