- 2 tablespoons butter, or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 14 cup green sweet pepper, chopped
- 14 cup green onion, sliced
- 14 cup celery, chopped
- 4 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 1 package (10 ounce) artichoke hearts, frozen, thawed
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled, cooked and
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, (4 oz.)
- 14 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 14 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- bottled hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (8 ounce) water chestnuts, sliced, drained (optional)
- 14 cup slivered almonds
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350. In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
Add the green pepper, green onion, celery and mushrooms.
Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, but not brown.
Remove from heat.
Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
Add the artichoke hearts, crabmeat, shriimp, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, egg and water chestnuts (if using), to the skillet.
Stir well to combine.
Transfer the seafood mixture to the partially baked pie shell and bake in the 350 oven for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with almonds and the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bake 10 minutes more.
Let pie stand for 5 minutes before cutting into the wedges.