Pho to Go
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 serving uncooked noodles choice, such as ramen, glass or egg noodles
- rotisserie chicken meat, Shredded, for topping
- shiitake mushrooms, Sliced, for topping
- Jalapenos slices, for topping
- Bean sprouts, for topping
- Lime wedges, for topping
- mint leaves, Fresh, for topping
DirectionsPut the chicken stock, hoisin, fish sauce, cinnamon sticks and star anise in a medium pot, bring to a boil, lower to a simmer and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
Transfer to a thermos to keep hot.
Pack the noodles, chicken and sliced shiitakes at the bottom of a serving container, followed by the jalapenos, sprouts, lime wedges and mint.
When the lunch bell rings, pour the hot soup over the ingredients in the serving container, let stand a few minutes and enjoy! !