- 23 cup bulgur, (I prefer whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, (I use chicken broth instead)
- 1 medium onion, diced,
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 12 cup celery, diced, (sometimes I leave this out)
- 12 cup carrot, diced
- 14 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 can (28 ounce) tomatoes, (diced or not)
- 1 can (5 1/2 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (19 ounce) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- . tobasco)
DirectionsPlace bulgur in a dish and cover with hot water; let stand.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, celery, carrots& green pepper, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
Stir in tomatoes, breaking up with spoon; stir in tomate paste, chili powder, beans and worcestershire sauce.
Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Stir in bulgur.
Season with hot pepper sauce to taste.