- 2 14 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, granulated
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 12 teaspoons orange zest, minced,
- 13 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 12 cup mandarin orange segments, chopped,
- 12 cup sweetened cranberries, chopped, dried,
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated
DirectionsPreheat oven to 400 degrees F, & grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
In a mixing bowl, mix flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder & orange zest.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, then stir in Mandarin oranges & cranberries.
In another bowl, mix sour cream, egg, orange juice & vanilla, beating until smooth.
Stir this sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until well mixed.
Spread batter into prepared pan & sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Bake 28-32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean & scone is lightly browned.
Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove from pan & cut into wedges.
Best served warm, but any leftovers should be refrigerated.