- 1 pound Beef, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt, to taste
- 2 dashes Pepper
- 28 ounces, fluid Can Crushed Tomato
- 8 ounces, fluid Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 envelope Spaghetti Sauce Mix
- 1 box Lasagna Noodles, (I Use 12 Noodles)
- 8 ounces, fluid Ricotta Or Cottage Cheese
- 3/4 pounds Mozzarella Cheese, Sliced,
- 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Directions*OPTIONAL sometimes I also add 4-6 oz cream cheese sometimes I use jarred spaghetti sauce in place of the tomatoes and seasoning packet DIRECTIONS 1. In a Dutch oven, cook ground beef, garlic salt and pepper over medium heat until well browned.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasoning packet.
Simmer, covered, for about 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes.
Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Remove meat sauce from heat and stir in ricotta/cottage cheese (and cream cheese if youre using it) 5. To assemble, line the bottom of a greased 9x13 glass pan with 3 or 4 noodles, spread 1/3 of meat & cheese sauce over noodles.
Top with 1/3 of mozzarella cheese slices, sprinkle with 1/3 of parmasean cheese.
Repeat with 2 more layers.
6. Bake for 30 mins.
Tips: This dish can be prepared ahead of time and put in the freezer.
When you want to cook the lasagna, thaw and add a few minutes to the cooking time if its still chilled when putting in the oven.
(Do NOT cook frozen and do not use foil when freezing.