- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 can (28 ounce) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drain but reserve juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 34 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 12 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, (You can boil ahead or use No-Boil noodles, see note in description)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese
- 12 ounces cottage cheese
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet, brown and drain hamburger.
Stir in tomato paste, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles.
In a 9X13 baking dish, layer noodles, cottage cheese, meat mixture, Swiss cheese, and Mozzarella.
(You should make 3 complete layers ending with a generous helping of Mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.