Southeast Asian Chicken and Noodles
- 8 ounces thai flat rice noodles
- 1 12 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 ounces yard-long beans, (Chinese long beans) or 8 ounces regular green beans, cut into 2-in . pieces
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, boneless, (1 lb. total)
- 14 cup thai, (nuoc mam or nam pla) or vietnamese fish sauce
- 14 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 12 cup basil leaf, fresh, chopped, divided
- 12 cup mint leaves, fresh, chopped, divided
- 12 cup green onion, chopped, divided
Directions1. In a large pot, cook noodles in boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes.
Drain noodles and transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat.
Add garlic, long beans, and chicken.
Cook until chicken is slightly browned, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
3. Add fish sauce, broth, sugar, ginger, lime juice, and 1/4 cup each basil, mint, and green onions, stirring to combine.
Bring mixture to a boil and pour over noodles.
Sprinkle with remaining basil, mint, and green onions.