Tuna, Pickle, and Chopped-Vegetable Pita Sandwiches
- 1 6- ounce can tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup drained sweet pickles, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped,
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped, (such as Vidalia)
- 1/2 cup cored Granny Smith apple, peeled, chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups thinly sliced red leaf lettuce
- 4 pita breads, halved, pockets opened
DirectionsMix first 4 ingredients in small bowl.
Season tuna mixture with salt and pepper.
Mix bell pepper, onion, and apple in medium bowl.
Add half of vegetable mixture to tuna mixture and stir to blend.
Add vinegar to remaining vegetable mixture; toss to combine.
Season vegetable mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
Place 1/4 cup lettuce in each pita half.
Spoon 1/8 of tuna mixture, then 1/8 of vegetable mixture into each pita half.
Place 2 pita halves on each of 4 plates and serve.