Leeanne's Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 (5 ounce) thick boneless pork chops
- 10 ounces spinach, frozen, defrosted and well-drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese, (or swiss cheese)
- 3 tablespoons hellman mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, finely minced,
- 1 garlic clove, minced,
- 12 teaspoon season salt
- 14 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 23 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons Dale's Steak Seasoning
DirectionsPreheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute garlic and onions.
FILLING: Squeeze spinach to remove as much moisture as possible.
In a small bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, seasoned salt and Italian seasonings.
Trim chops of visible fat.
Cut a slit about 3/4 of the way horizontally through the pork chops to form a pocket.
Fill each chop with 1/4 of the filling.
Press down on all sides of chops to enclose filling, although some may still show.
BAKING WITH SAUCE: Place stuffed pork chops in bottom of baking dish.
Place mushrooms in pan around the pork chops.
Mix the liquid sauce ingredients together and pour over the chops and mushrooms.
Cover and bake 20 minutes.
Reduce heat to 375 degrees.
Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until piping hot.