- 23 cups Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Your Favorite A Dark Rum
- 1/2 teaspoons Instant Coffee Powder, (I Use Espresso)
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Powder Sugar, ( I Use This To Sweeten The Filling)
- 2 ounces, weight Butter, Room Temperature
- 1/2 cups Superfine Sugar, (you Can Also Use A Sifter If You Only Have Regular Sugar)
- 1 whole Egg, Beaten
- 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 3 ounces, weight White Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Crushed Chocolate Flakes
DirectionsFor the filling: Put the cheese in a bowl.
In a small bowl mix together the rum and coffee powder until dissolved.
Add the rum mixture and brown sugar into the cheese and mix together well.
You can add the powdered sugar to make it a tad sweeter, if desired, then mix lightly.
Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap and chill.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment.
For the dough: Cream together the butter and superfine sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Add the beaten egg and mix well.
Stir in flour and mix thoroughly again until well combined.
Put the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch nozzle and pipe 28 blobs onto your prepared baking sheets (or just spoon it out in circles), spacing them an inch or so apart.
Cook for about 6-8 minutes until firm in the center and just beginning to brown on edges.
Remove from oven.
Now put some of the filling in between two cooled cookies, making sandwich cookies.
Put the white chocolate and milk in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water (double boiler).
When chocolate has melted stir vigorously to make a smooth spreadable consistency.
Spread it over the cookie tops and then sprinkle with chocolate flakes.