Rotini Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini, dried or farfalle
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, (optional)
- 1 pint cherry, or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced, thinly
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped, cored, seeded, and
- 1 4- ounce can mushrooms, sliced, well drained
- 2 teaspoons dry salad seasoning
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette, (page 159) or bottled Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, or to taste
DirectionsBring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Stir in the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes or according to the package directions.
Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
Drain very well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
If the pasta will need to sit on its own for a little while, add 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, if desired, to prevent sticking, and toss to coat.
Place the pasta in a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, salad seasoning, and dressing.
Toss gently until well mixed and coated with dressing.
Sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and serve.