Asiago, Potato, and Bacon Gratin
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Asiago cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup chives, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350.Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
Sprinkle potatoes evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside and keep warm.
Heat a medium saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
Add shallots; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
Sprinkle flour over shallots.
Gradually add 1/2 cup milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended.
Gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, stirring with a whisk.
Cook over medium heat 9 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, Asiago, chives, pepper, and bacon.
Arrange half of potato slices in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Pour half of cheese sauce over potato slices.
Top with remaining potato slices and cheese sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.