Grilled Lamb Chops with Asian Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cognac, or brandy
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- 2 1 1/2- pound racks lamb, excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock, or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 green onions, sliced, thinly
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
DirectionsWhisk first 5 ingredients in large glass baking dish to blend.
Add lamb; turn to coat.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Prepare barbecue (medium-low heat).
Grill lamb to desired doneness, turning chops occasionally, about 25 minutes for medium-rare.
Meanwhile, boil chicken stock and next 4 ingredients in small saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 12 minutes.
Reduce heat to low.
Add green onions and butter, stirring until butter melts.
Cut lamb between ribs into chops.
Place chops on plates; spoon sauce over.