Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna and Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped, seeded
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped, seeded
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chili, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 1/2 drained canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 6- to 8- ounce tuna steaks
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
DirectionsMelt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add both bell peppers, jalapeno and minced garlic; saute until peppers are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, clam juice, 1/3 cup cilantro, wine, water, lemon juice and dried red pepper.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat; simmer until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Mix flour and garlic powder in shallow bowl.
Season tuna with salt and pepper.
Coat with flour mixture, shaking off excess.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in another heavy large skillet over high heat.
Add tuna to skillet and saute until just opaque on the outside, about 2 minutes per side.
Bring sauce to simmer over medium heat.
Add tuna; cook until opaque in center, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
Divide among 4 plates.
Place tuna atop pasta.
Spoon sauce over.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and cilantro and serve.