Baked Chicken Cacciatore Casserole
- 12 lb chicken piece, shredded, boneless, cooked and
- 12 lb mini penne pasta, cooked,rinsed,drained and cooled (pre-cooked weight)
- 1 cup mushrooms, fresh, sliced, (15 ounce) can sliced mushrooms or 1
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1 cup after shredding)
- 3 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 12 cup Italian cheese blend, (mozzarella, provolone, asiago, parmesan blend sold preshredded in a bag)
- 12 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,
DirectionsCook pasta in 4 quarts of rapidly boiling water.
Shred chicken into bite size pieces.
Toss chicken with dried spices.
Drain and rinse pasta.
Oil bottom of a large (4 quart) casserole dish with the olive oil.
Layer shredded chicken, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots and cooked pasta.
Pour spaghetti sauce and condensed soup over all; mix thoroughly.
Top with cheese.
Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Remove foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned.