Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- 1 FOR PIZZA BASE
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning spice blend
- 1 tsp hot sauce, such as franks brand
- 1/4 tsp black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 small onion, minced,
- 1 clove garlic, minced,
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 FOR TOPPING
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce, your favorite or my recipe, listed below
- 1 1/2 cup cheese, shredded, I used italian four cheese blend
- 10 slice pepperoni
- 1/4 tsp italian dry seasoning blend
DirectionsLine a rimmed baking sheet with foil, spray foil well with non stick spray.
preheat oven to 425. In a small skillet heat olive oil, add onion and garlic and cook gently until soft, but not brown.
Cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl combine ground chicken with all pizza base ingredients including cooled onion/garlic mixture.
Mix well but gently to combine all ingredients.
Place on prepared baking sheet and form into a 10 inch circle.
Bake 20 minutes, remove from oven.
Top pizza base with marinara sauce, then cover sauce with cheese, sprinkle italian seasoning evenly over cheese, finally add pepperoni, retun to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes more.
Slice into wedges and serve.
This makes a great lumch or light dinner.
It:s also a nice appetizer cut into small wedges!