Apple Beet Borscht Recipe
- 3 ounce Tomato paste
- 4 c. Water, or possibly light vegetable stock
- 1/4 x Med. reg, sliced or possibly green cabbage thinly
- 2 x Carrots, chopped, julienned Clove Garlic
- 3 x Beets, julienned
- 1 med Onion, sliced, thinly
- 2 c. Apple cider
- 1/4 c. Tamari
- 1/4 c. Sherry
- 2 Tbsp Molasses, or possibly honey
- 1 Tbsp Dry dill
- 2 tsp Dry basil
- 1 Tbsp Caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
DirectionsSaute/fry caraway seeds in canola oil.
Then, combine all ingredients in a soup pot.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 2-3 hrs, stirring occasionally.
Puree one-third of the soup in food proceessor; return puree to the pot and mix thoroughly.
Serve warm or possibly cool with a dollop of Tofu Lowfat sour cream.