- 1 package (16 ounce) bow tie pasta, (Barilla Piccolini preferred)
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced, (DRAIN, reserving 1 1/4 cups juice)
- 14 cup butter, cubed
- 14 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon pepper
- 1 12 cups milk
- 12 cup parsley, fresh, (minced)
- 1 12 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, (shredded)
- 1 13 cups romano cheese, (grated)
- 12 cup parmesan cheese, (shredded)
- 14 cup blue cheese, (crumbled)
- 14 cup asiago cheese, (for topping)
DirectionsCook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, drain tomatoes, reserving 1 1/4 cups juice; set aside.
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk and reserved tomato juice.
Bring to a boil.
Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from the heat.
Drain pasta; add the sauce and reserved tomatoes.
Stir in the parsley and all cheeses, EXCEPT THE ASIAGO CHEESE.
Transfer to a greased 3-qt.
baking dish (13x9-inch dish will be full ~ place on a baking sheet to catch any overflow).
Top the casserole with the Asiago cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Yield: 9-12 servings.