Butternut Squash and Goats Cheese Lasagne
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1/2 pounds (1 Cup) Canned Tomatoes, Chopped,
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Pepper
- 1/2 whole Butternut Squash, Chopped Into 2cm Cubes
- 1 whole Red Onion, Quartered
- 1 whole Leek, Chopped In Half Lengthwise, Smaller If Desired
- Olive Oil, For Coating
- 1/2 pounds, 1/2 ounces, weight (1 Cup) Goat Cheese, Divided (60g - 1/4 Cup - Will Be Saved For Crumbling On The
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 cup, 4 tablespoons, 3/4 teaspoons, 1-78 pinches Milk (about A Mugful)
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 3 whole Lasagne Sheets
- Cheese, Grated, (I Used Derby For Its Mild Flavour)
DirectionsVital Stats: Serves four with a side salad or green veggies.
I ate two servings and felt like Id over eaten, so it is quite filling.
Suitable for vegetarians.
450 calories per serving.
25.4g fat 15.2g saturated (this is high, but its a cheesy dish).
These are rough estimates gained by putting the recipe into a calorie counting-magig.
I have more stats if needed.
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 220 C.
2. Chop up the squash, onion and leek, ready for roasting.
3. Throw the veggies into a pan, coating with oil (jumble it up with your hands if you will) and roast for 45 minutes, checking every 10 to 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, heat some oil in a frying pan and add the canned tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree, sugar, salt and pepper.
Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
If you double the sauce, increase the time to 20 minutes.
5. While this is going, chop up 3/4ths of the goat cheese as best you can (tricky stuff, unless you use the hard variety and can grate it) and put it in a saucepan.
6. Add the flour, milk, butter and any salt/pepper/paprika to taste.
Heat on the hob and keep stirring until its thickened.
Dont allow the cheese sauce to boil.
7. With all this preparation and sauce-making, the roast veggies should be done.
Put half in the bottom of the dish, crumble some of the remaining goat cheese on, and cover with the tomato sauce.
Put the lasagna sheets on top.
8. Put the rest of the veggies in, crumble the remaining goat cheese and cover with most of the cheese sauce.
Put lasagna sheets on.
9. Put the rest of the cheese sauce on top and add a bit of grated cheese.
10. Bake for about half an hour at 220 C.
11. Enjoy the deliciousness!