- 1 cup yellow polenta, medium-grind
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) soft butter, plus some for the baking sheet
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A food processor fitted with the metal blade
- A 12-by-18-inch halfsheet pan, or other large baking sheet
- A pastry bag with a 1/2-inch star tip
DirectionsPut the polenta, flour, sugar, and salt in food-processor bowl, and process to blend.
Drop in the soft butter, and process continuously until the butter is completely incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Stir together the egg yolks and vanilla, pour over the dry mixture, and process briefly, until a soft dough forms.
Arrange a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat to 350 .
Lightly butter the sheet pan.
Fill the pastry bag with crumiri dough, and pipe U-shaped cookies 3 inches wide in rows, filling the pan.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cookies are firm and golden, with a hint of brown on the piped ridges.
Cool on a wire rack, and store for up to a week in an airtight container.