Creamy Cole Slaw
- One 3-pound head green cabbage, chopped, trimmed, shredded, and
- 1 medium carrot, grated,
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsIn a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrot, onion, and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, pineapple juice, sugar, and celery seed.
Toss the vegetables with the dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
This slaw is best if served within a day.