Super Sneaky Brownies
- 13 cup flax seed meal
- 23 cup whole wheat flour
- 23 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 34 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, (a 9-oz. bag)
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh, (not in syrup) or 2 cups frozen blueberries (not in syrup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 12 cups black beans, cooked, cooled and drained
- 1 cup black coffee, at room temperature
- 1 12 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, (optional)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped, (optional)
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 F, and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
In a food processor or blender, mix the spinach, blueberries and lemon juice.
Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and continue pureeing until completely smooth.
Transfer all but 1/2 cup to a storage container.
Into the bowl of the food processor, along with the remaining 1/2 cup purple puree, add the black beans, coffee, sugar and vanilla.
Puree until smooth.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
If desired, add chocolate chips and nuts.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.