- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (4 ounce) mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 tomato, chopped,
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 4 slices green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 slices red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 artichoke heart, quartered
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces cavatappi, (corkscrew) pasta
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated, or to taste
DirectionsHeat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms in the hot oil until slightly softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
Add marinara sauce, tomato, olives, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, artichoke heart, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper to mushrooms; bring to a boil.
Simmer until tomato sauce is heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Cook cavatappi in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes.
Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over cavatappi.
Pour tomato sauce over mozzarella layer; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.