Chicken Chow Mein
- 3 whole Chicken Breasts, Sliced Thin
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Cooking Sherry
- 8 ounces, weight Thin Rice Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, Divided
- 8 whole Button Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
- 2 whole Large Carrots, Julienned
- 1 whole Red Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Small Onion, Sliced Thin
- 12 whole Asparagus Spears, Chopped In One Inch Pieces
- 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1- 1/2 Tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced,
DirectionsIn a medium bowl, combine chicken with soy sauce and cooking sherry, stirring to coat.
Marinate at room temperature for 1015 minutes.
Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water, according to package directions, about 2 minutes, or until just tender.
In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
Add marinated chicken and cook, stirring until just cooked through, about 34 minutes.
Remove to another bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
Add another splash of oil, and all the vegetables to skillet.
Stir fry veggies until tender-crisp, 23 minutes, then remove to another bowl and cover to keep warm.
Add a bit more oil to pan to heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, hoisin sauce, black pepper and garlic.
Add cooked noodles to skillet and stir fry for 23 minutes, until heated through and starting to turn golden.
Make a well in center of noodles and pour in sauce.
Add back chicken and veggies, and stir everything to coat it all with sauce.
Continue to cook until everything is heated through.
Recipe adapted from The Chinese Takeout Cookbook: Quick and Easy Dishes to Prepare at Home, by Diana Kuan.