Potato, Fontina, and Oregano Pizza
- pizza dough, for a 12-inch pizza
- 14 cup melted onions, (recipe #333755) or 14 cup caramelized onion (Melted Onions or Tomatoes)
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 13 cup Fontina cheese, grated,
- 2 tablespoons oregano, fresh
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, or 2 tablespoons grana padano
- kosher salt
- black pepper, ground, fresh
DirectionsPreheat broiler; prepare dough according to your favorite recipe or package directions.
Spread onions over pizza dough.
Use a mandoline and cut potato into 1/16-inch slices; spread over onions.
Sprinkle with cheeses and oregano; season with salt and pepper.
Place pizza on a pizza stone and cook under the broiler until edges are golden, 6 to 8 minutes; be sure to rotate pizza every 2 minutes for even cooking.
Remove from oven, slice and serve.