- 2 14 cups unsifted all-purpose flour, or 2 14 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 12 cup butter, softened or 12 cup canola oil or 12 cup margarine
- 34 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 14 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 egg
- 12 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 12 cups raw carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, (optional)
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease cookie sheets.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into small bowl.
Beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl until well mixed.
Beat in egg, vanilla and orange rind.
Stir in four mixture until well blended.
Gently stir in carrot, coconut, walnuts and raisins.
Dough will be very stiff, but don't worry.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between the cookies.
Sometimes I press the dough together with my fingers to make the cookie less crumbly when placing on the cookie sheets.
Bake cookies in preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly colored.
Remove to wire racks to cool.