Spaghetti Sauce With Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 lb mild Italian chicken sausage
- 1 lb hot Italian chicken sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped,
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) tomatoes, diced, (I use Contadina Italian herb)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 12 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon pepper, ground, fresh
- 2 bay leaves
DirectionsCut sausage into one inch pieces and brown in olive oil in large saucepan.
Add mushrooms, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; Saute until vegetables are tender.
Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, wine, water, oregano, sugar, rosemary, bay leaf and salt and pepper; simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain well.
Remove bay leaf from sauce.
Serve spaghetti with sauce and parmesan cheese.