Apple Snack Cake
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 14 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick oats, or 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 34 cups all-purpose flour
- 34 cup sugar, granulated
- 34 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 cup wheat germ, any flavor
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 12 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 12 teaspoon salt, (optional)
- 12 cup nuts, chopped, (optional)
- 2 cups apples, chopped, peeled
- 13 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 13- by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine boiling water and oats; set aside.
In medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and nuts; mix well.
Add apples, oil, egg, egg whites and vanilla to oat mixture; mix well.
Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
Pout into prepared pan.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire rack.