Sicilian Penne Salad
- 12 lb tomato basil penne, (or any other pasta)
- 12 medium green pepper, julienned
- 12 medium onion, julienned
- 12 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 ounces about 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 12 cup black olives, sliced
- 14 cup pepperoncini pepper
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced,
- 12 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 cup olive oil, (EVOO)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Tabasco garlic pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, fresh, chopped
- 12 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions1. Cook pasta in pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes.
2. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour 1/2 of dressing into salad bowl, toss and refrigerate overnight.
4. Serve the next day on a bed of radicchio and garnish with fresh basil, ground pepper and remaining dressing to taste.