Webslinger's Tangy Sweet Basil Marinara Sauce
- 2 cans (15 ounce) tomato sauce, (regular)
- 2 garlic cloves, (largish cloves, finely diced)
- 12 cup white onion, (finely diced)
- 14 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, (dehydrated)
- 12 cup water
- 12 teaspoon black pepper, (freshly ground)
- 12 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 12 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 teaspoons kraft grated 100% parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, (Lea & Perrins!)
- 1 12 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 14 teaspoon salt, (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
DirectionsHeat saucepan over medium heat; once hot, add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
Saute diced onion until slightly translucent (about 2-3 mins).
Add diced garlic and crushed chilies; saute another 2-3 minutes.
Add tomato sauce and water.
Reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer.
Add pepper, parsley, oregano, basil and parmesan cheese; stir.
Add Worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
Add sugar and salt (to taste); stir well.
Let simmer 45 mins, stirring occasionally.