Pear, Apple, and Cranberry Cornmeal Crumbles
- 4 whole Large Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored, And Cut Into 1/2-inch Pieces
- 4 whole Large Bosc Pears, Peeled, Cored, And Cut Into 1/2-inch Pieces
- 1/2 cups Cranberries, Dried
- 1 whole Orange, Zested
- 1 whole Lemon, Zested
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice, Fresh
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, Fresh
- 1/2 cups Sugar, Granulated
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg, Ground
- 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Yellow Cornmeal
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar, Granulated
- 6 Tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 stick Cold Unsalted Butter, Diced,
DirectionsFor the fruit: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray twelve 4-ounce ramekins or a large oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine the apples, pears, cranberries, orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
Pour the fruit into the prepared baking dishes.
For the topping: Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugars, salt, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until the butter is the size of peas and the mixture is crumbly.
Scatter the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the tops are golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.