Spinach Pie With Muenster Crust
- 3 packages (10 ounce) spinach, chopped, frozen, thawed
- 12 ounces muenster cheese, slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped,
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, (or regular)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 13 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon pepper
- pimiento strips, (I never do but looks nice, OPT) or chopped tomato
DirectionsDrain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels (or whatever) and set aside.
Cut 2-3 cheese slices into small triangles, and reserve for garnish.
Cover bottom and sides of a lightly greased 9 or10-inch pieplate with remaining Muenster slices, overlapping cheese as needed.
Combine spinach, onion and next 5 ingredients.
Spoon into cheese-lined pieplate.
Bake 350 for 45 minutes or until set.
Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Garnish with reserved cheese triangles and pimiento strips, if desired.