- 1 package (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix, (no pudding in mix)
- 1 can (10 ounce) margarita mix, frozen, thawed (undiluted)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1 package (14 ounce) icing, mix (use creamy white buttercream)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, finely grated
- lime twist
DirectionsLine the cups of a 12-cavity muffin pan with liners.
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
In a large bowl combine the cake mix, thawed margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil with a mixer and beat until well blended.
Stir in the lime zest.
Fill muffin cups 2/3s full; you will use half the batter.
Bake 22-24 minutes.
Remove when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool 5-8 minutes.
Remove from pan and complete cooling.
Line the cups of the muffin pan again with liners.
Repeat filling the liners with remaining batter.
Bake and cool as above.
To make the icing: prepare icing mix according to package directions, stirring in the lime juice and zest.