Lime Zucchini Pistachio Cupcakes
- 13 cup pistachios, finely ground,
- 2 cups plain flour, (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, fresh, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cardamom pods, seeds scraped out
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda, (baking)
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated, (2 medium)
- 23 cup vegetable oil
- 34 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
DirectionsPreheat oven to 180C (350F).
Line a 12-muffin tray with cupcake liners.
Pulse pistachio in food processor until finely ground.
Add flour, zest, salt, cardamom seeds, baking soda, and baking powder and pulse until combined.
Whisk together zucchini, oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes.
Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely before frosting.