Smooth Herbed Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, finely chopped,
- 12 cup onion, finely chopped,
- 14 cup carrot, finely chopped,
- 14 cup celery, finely chopped,
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 4 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Angostura low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,
- 14 cup green pepper, finely chopped,
- 1 lb sirloin, ground
- 1 12 ounces quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 12 teaspoon rosemary, dried, crushed
- 12 thyme leaves, dried
- 1 serrano peppers, minced, or 1 habanero pepper
- black pepper, freshly ground
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350. Heat oil in large skillet.
Saute mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery, jalapeno and green pepper until soft.
Add garlic and saute one minute more.
In large mixing bowl, combine beef, oats, 2 tbsp.
tomato paste, egg, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme and pepper.
Add vegetable mixture from skillet and combine thoroughly.
Put mixture in loaf pan.
Bake one hour, basting with 4 oz tomato sauce after 30 minutes.
Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.