Modified Chocolate Sauerkraut Cake
- 34 cup light margarine, softened
- 34 cup sugar
- 34 cup Splenda granular, (artificial sweetener )
- 34 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 34 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sauerkraut, finely chopped, rinsed, drained, squeezed dry and
- 23 cup flaked coconut
- 12 cup pecans, finely chopped,
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 23 cup light mayonnaise
- 23 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 23 cup pecans, chopped and divided
Directionsn a mixing bowl, cream light margarine, sugar, and Splenda.
Add the egg substitute 1/4 cups at a time, beating well after each addition.
Beat in vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water.
Fold in sauerkraut, coconut and pecans.
Pour into three greased and floured 9-in.
round baking pans.
Bake at 350F for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
In a bowl, combine melted chocolate and mayonnaise.
Set aside 1-1/4 cups for frosting.
To the remaining chocolate mixture, add half of the coconut and pecans; spread between cake layers.
Spread reserved chocolate mixture over top and sides of cake.
Combine remaining coconut and pecans; press onto sides of cake.
Store in the refrigerator.
Slice with a serrated knife.