GB's Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 10-12 jalapenos, fresh, (de-seeded, de-veined, and finely chopped)
- 10 baby sweet bell peppers, (de-seeded, de-veined, and finely chopped) (if not using baby sweet bells each approximately the siz
- 16 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cups mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper powder, significantly less if spicy. Suggest chipotle pepper and paprika in reduced amounts. This provides a
DirectionsCook 3/4 of the jalapenos and all (or some of) the sweet bell peppers in a hot skillet with very little, if any, oil until soft.
Add a little water if you want to cook further without over browning.
Cooking will tame the heat of the jalapenos, so if you want the dip hotter, cook less of the jalapenos or cook them longer.
Mix the sour cream, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, (optional) Aleppo pepper, remaining uncooked jalapenos, and cooked pepper blend.
Transfer to a crock pot or microwavable dish and heat gently until hot.
Serve hot with plain pita chips, bagel chips, tortilla chips, or vegetables.
Alternatively, this can be served cold.
in which you remove all steps other than cooking the jalapenos/pepper mix.
Once the jalapeno and pepper mix is cooked, cool, then add to mix of all other ingredients.