Sate Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 piece (1-inch) ginger, peeled
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter, (not natural-style)
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, (not seasoned)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes
- 3 cups or coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken, sliced
- 1 pound coleslaw mix
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced,
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped,
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Accompaniment: lime wedges
DirectionsPulse peanuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped, then transfer to a bowl.
With motor running, drop garlic and ginger through feed tube and finely chop.
Add peanut butter, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and red-pepper flakes and blend until smooth.
Toss chicken and vegetables with enough dressing to coat, then sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.