Marinated Artichoke Potato Salad-Naturally Gluten Free
- 4 pounds Small Red Potatoes
- 4 slices Bacon
- 2 whole Onions, Diced,
- 1/4 cups Water
- 1/2 cups White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cups Sugar, (or Agave)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons Dill, Fresh,
- 1/2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch Mixed In 1/4 Cup Water To Slightly Thicken
- 1 cup Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Cut In Half
- 1/4 teaspoons Parsley, (fresh)
DirectionsWash unpeeled potatoes, slice them in half, then boil in a pot of water until tender crisp but not soft or mushy, about 15 minutes.
Drain in colander.
Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in a skillet over medium heat until crisp.
Remove from pan and drain well on a paper towel.
Leave the grease in the skillet.
Saute onion in bacon grease until translucent.
Add water, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, dill, and dry mustard.
Heat to a boil.
Add corn starch and water combination and stir until sauce is translucent and slightly thickened.
Add potatoes, bacon pieces and artichoke hearts and stir gently until heated.
(Keep a few bacon pieces out for garnish if you like).
Garnish with the parsley.
Enjoy hot or cold with your your main meat entre or barbeque.