Banana Oatmeal Cake
- 1 12 cups mashed very ripe bananas, (4 medium)
- 34 cup sugar
- 23 cup vegetable oil
- 23 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 13 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, or 1 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 12 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 23 cup nuts, chopped
- 23 cup raisins
DirectionsHeat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease rectangular pan with shortening.
Beat in large bowl with wooden spoon bananas, sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and egg.
Mix in flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and baking powder.
Stir in chopped nuts and raisins.
Spread batter in pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire rack.