Italian Roast With Pasta
- 4 -4 12 lbs rolled roast beef, or 4 -4 12 lbs rump roast
- 1 large onion, chopped,
- 1 green pepper, chopped,
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced,
- 1 carrot, shredded,
- 12 lb mushrooms, fresh, cleaned and quartered
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, fresh,
- 2 cans whole (28 ounce) tomatoes
- 2 cans (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounce) black olives, sliced,
- 34 cup dry red wine
- 2 -3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta, (or your favorite) or 1 lb penne pasta (or your favorite)
- 4 -6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 14-12 cup parmesan cheese, grated,
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place frozen roast in a small to medium sized roaster or Dutch oven.
Mix remaining ingredients, except for pasta & cheeses, and pour over the roast.
Cover and bake for five (5) hours.
Remove roast from oven and place roast on oven-proof serving platter; reserve pan sauce and keep warm.
Top roast with mozzarella cheese and return roast to oven, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and let sit about 10 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
Mix reserved pan sauce with pasta; top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Serve sliced beef alongside a nice portion of pasta & sauce.