Green Papaya Salad Ala Bobby Flay
- 8 ounces string beans
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 12 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 2 (1 lb) green papayas, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 14 cup Thai fish sauce
- 14 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 14 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced,
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 14 cup cilantro leaf, rough chop
DirectionsBring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Add the string beans and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove and plunge into cold water to stop further cooking.
Drain well and cut each bean in half.
Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and remove the seeds.
Slice the halves into 1/8-inch strips.
Roughly chop all but 2 tablespoons of peanuts.
In a bowl toss papaya with the beans, tomatoes, chopped peanuts, fish sauce, lemon and lime juices, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and 3 tablespoons cilantro.
Garnish with remaining peanuts and cilantro.