Hip Hip Brulee! 104-Calorie Creme Brulee
- 13 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute, (like Original Egg Beaters)
- 12 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 12 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, (not packed)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, (not packed)
- 1 12 teaspoons coffee-mate sugar free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer
- 1 14 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons sugar, granulated
DirectionsPreheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a medium pot, combine milk, half & half, and brown sugar.
Bring to medium heat on the stove.
Stir and cook until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is hot.
Stir in the powdered creamer, blending well.
Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, mix the egg substitute and vanilla extract together.
Gradually whisk in the hot milk mixture.
Set four 4-ounce baking ramekins or custard cups in a deep baking dish.
Evenly distribute the custard mixture into the cups.
Carefully pour hot water into the baking dish, around the cups, being careful not to splash any water into the custard (or on yourself!).
The water should come about halfway up the outsides of the custard cups.
Carefully transfer pan to the oven, and bake for about 28 minutes, until custards are set.
Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and then refrigerate custard cups until completely chilled.
Once ready to serve, top each custard cup with 1 teaspoons white sugar.
Using a hand-held butane kitchen torch, caramelize the sugar (in other words, blast with fire 'til browned).